Oh, HEY! I’m so excited to share today’s post with you! I’ve been wanting to do a post on my eyelash extensions for a long time. (1) Because I feel like there are so many options out there, and (2) because I get asked all the time where I get mine done because they look so natural! So! First off, I know I talk a lot around here about self-love, inner beauty, and focusing on how you can make a positive impact on this world, BUT, I also want you to know that I fully and completely support any opportunity for a us girls to treat ourselves to something nice and to things that we feel enhance the beauty that we already have! After all, we work hard and go all-in for our work and our families, so we deserve to splurge on the things that make us feel pretty too… Especially when those things make getting ready in the mornings way faster! 🙂
OK! Write down these three words — Yumi by Yana. If you are anywhere even remotely close to the Houston Lash Boutique (In fact, just get a flight if you’re not — they’re that great!), you must, must make an appointment with Yana.
Ladies, my lashes have never looked so good! I’m not one for the overly-dramatic, fake-lash look… (No judgment if that’s your thing, but it’s just not for me). In fact, I am very particular about my lashes looking as natural as I can get them so I was, admittedly, nervous about handing my face over to Yana. LOL! She managed to give my lashes exactly what I was looking for… the perfect combination of length and fullness! The lash look I have is actually called the “Mascara Look” because they look like I’m wearing perfect mascara all the time without having to actually wear mascara daily! I don’t even know what crazy magic she does, but her work is flawless!
Aside from the fact that I get to lie back and relax for an hour while she transforms my lashes… (Imagine a full hour of me-time. No emails to answer. No dishes to wash. No honking horns or car lines!). So good, y’all! AND! Yana goes the extra mile with a comfy bed to rest in and relaxing music to give you a true spa experience. I totally find myself looking forward to my refill appointments for that peace and quiet time! Also, I totally dozed off and then woke up to amazing lashes! CAN. NOT. BEAT. THAT!
I love that I can trust Yana and she totally earned that trust during our initial consult where she carefully studied my facial features before ever even thinking about treatment. We discussed my desired outcome and any concerns I had (and I had a few — lol). This is truly an art, y’ all… and she nails it every time!
If you’re not sure about extensions just yet… Yana also offers the YUMI Lash Lift. I actually tried the lift first (and liked it), but ultimately my preference is the extensions. BUT, if you’re looking for an option that is less costly, has less upkeep, and that lasts for up to three months… definitely ask about a YUMI Lash Lift!
Personally, I love the extensions because it actually saves me time in mornings (who can’t use a few extra minutes each morning, right?!). I can get up and go without the need for eye makeup! YES! But, when I do have the time (or energy) to do a full face of makeup, these lashes look absolutely stunning! I love that I can go either way and still look and feel put together.
Lash services are a dime a dozen, and it seems more and more people are getting into this profession. But let me give you some advice ladies… know who you are hiring to perform these types of services. I have read about and heard horror stories of eye infections and lashes being ripped out due to unqualified service providers. Cheaper is not always better. I repeat, CHEAPER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER! You often get exactly what you pay for.
A few notables before you book with Yana (Because I am confident that at this point, you’re as excited as I was to get on her book!).
- First, expect the first visit to be longer than others. This is when there is a lot of discussion and decision-making going on. That first set also takes a little time, so plan ahead, be patient, and know it’s worth every second of that visit!
- Next, there is maintenance (just like with any good thing) when getting gorgeous lash extensions. It can vary person to person, but I go about every two weeks.
- Third — and this is SUPER critical folks — do not get your new lashes wet for 24 hours. No showers or pools or heavy rain (lol). But seriously… no water. Likewise, no oil. Make sure you use an oil-free makeup remover on your lashes to keep them their healthiest for as long as possible.
- Next, brush them daily. Just add your new, head-turning lashes to the list of other things you (hopefully!) brush daily — your hair, teeth, etc. Treat these babies like you would any other part of your body to keep them healthy, clean, and beautiful.
- Lastly, go for the mascara! You can absolutely paint on the mascara for an even more dramatic look to these fabulous lashes. I add mascara if I’m taking photos or going out. Remember though… when it comes time to remove your makeup that evening, refer back to the no oil reminder above.
Alright! That’s it, ladies! I am simply obsessed with my lashes and I know you’ll love Yana just as much as I do! Yana has graciously given me an incredible deal to share exclusively with all of YOU! You can now book an appointment with Yana for a new set of lashes and if you let her know TARA sent ya… she’ll give you your first fill FREE!
SO good, right?! Oh, and don’t forget to follow her on Insta @yumibyyana to see her gorgeous work!