Today I’m sharing one of my all-time favorite recipes for getting your whole house to smell like Christmas + two yummy appetizers to bring to a Holiday party!!
I’m a huge fan of using scents to set the mood in your home. If you want a warm and cozy feeling, scents like cinnamon, apple, and orange always do the trick!!
I like to switch it up from season to season, but I have a few signature scents that I rotate through that always make my home feel warm and inviting!!
You guys know that I’m a lover of candles!! But! Another one of my go to’s is stovetop potpourri!! It’s so easy and festive, and I always get compliments on it when I make it!
Check out the Recipe below!
1. (2) Cups of Water
2. 3-5 Cinnamon Sticks
3. 1 Tsp. Cloves
4. 2-5 drops Orange Essential Oil
5. 1/4 cup Cranberries
6. 1 Orange Sliced
1. Add all ingredients to a medium sauce pan and bring to a slow boil.
2. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer. Check and stir frequently to enhance fragrance.
3. You can let simmer all day to fill your whole home with the Christmas smell!! Remember to add water as needed because it will evaporate and could burn if you’re not keeping an eye on it! I like to add a cup or two every hour. You can also continue to add 1-2 drops of Orange oil as needed!
4. Feel free to add in anything else you like. Some other ideas are herbs such as rosemary or Thyme, other oils such as lemon or eucalyptus, or even tea leaves! Play around with it until you find your signature scent!
OK! Next up is my fave go-to appetizer to bring to a holiday party!
Y’all. Can I just say that these things are sooo good!! I didn’t come up with them though. I got the recipe from my Mother In Law a few years ago after she made them for one of our Holiday get-togethers. Now I make them for everything! Lol. My kids love them too! Every time I Bring them to a party they get rave reviews and are gone in like two minutes!
Ok. Here’s the recipe!
(1) Package Keebler Club Crackers
(1) Pound Maple bacon
(1/2) cup of finely shredded parmesan cheese
(1/2) cup of Brown Sugar
1. Pre-heat over to 300*
1. On a raised slatted baking rack, layout 24 crackers
2. Carefully spoon 1/2 tbs of Parmesan cheese onto 12 of the crackers.
3. Repeat step two with 1/2 tbs of brown sugar on the remaining 12 crackers.
4. Open your bacon and cut the 12 pieces in half making 24 total strips.
5. Carefully wrap each piece of bacon around each cracker. Securing the bacon to the back of that cracker by sticking the bacon onto itself. Place wrapped crackers back on the baking sheet.
6. Bake on 300* for about 20-25 min. Or until bacon is crisp!
Y’all. They are like crack. You CAN not have just one. Promise. ❤️
Alright, Babes! That’s it for today! I hope you found some inspiration to create your own Holiday scent or a fun appetizer to bring to your next shindig!