Outfit details: Girl’s pajamas, Women’s Striped Pajama Set, Pom-Pom Knit Hat, bar necklace
Hey Hey and Happy Monday!
Can you believe Christmas is less than THREE weeks away! I feel like this year has literally flown by! I’ve been sharing tons of gift guides with you in the last few weeks, but today I thought I’d share one of my go-to gifts for the kids!
We’ve done these since they were itty bitty and it’s still one of their favorite things to open each year! It’s called a Christmas PJ box, and my kids LOVE LOVE LOVE it Y’all!
What I love about them is that you can customize them to fit whatever theme or plans you have for the holidays! They are tons of fun, and even my 10-year-old still gets excited to open her box!
So you start with a box, and you fill it with things that they would need for a cozy Christmas Eve! We usually do a cute set of Christmas PJ’s, a Christmas movie or book, popcorn, hot chocolate, an ornament, and maybe one other fun little item!
The boxes tend to grow with your kiddos too! When mine were too little to eat popcorn or to sit and watch a movie, we did things like a cozy blanket, a Christmas themed stuffed animal, and a holiday book to read before bed! It’s such a fun tradition and one that I think we will continue for years to come!
Another fun thing we did last year with the girls’ boxes was make them apart of our surprise gift! So their boxes contained clues to their big present, which was a trip to NYC! I put things in the box like a cute beanie, a scarf and mittens, an ornament that said NYC, and a girls guide to the big apple! I also included fun activity books and games that they could play on the plane and some snacks!
The box can grow and change as your kiddos grow and change and can fit into any Holiday theme you have going on!
Another fun thing to do is to do the boxes as an exchange between siblings or cousins! This is fun to do at a family get together on Christmas Eve so each kiddo can take home their box to use while they wait for Santa! So fun!
This year since we’ll be in Colorado with family for Christmas, We decided to do a PJ box exchange with my nieces and nephews! We all drew names, and the six little cousins will exchange boxes on Christmas Eve! We’re doing a Polar Express train ride on Christmas Eve as well so all the kiddos will have their jammies and fun train activities to have on the ride!
I’m such a fan of these little gifts because It truly is magical to see their little faces get so excited over their box! They just love to see all the little-personalized things in it! It’s so fun to watch them run to put on their new jammies and then run to the kitchen to make their cocoa and popcorn! Then we open one of their movies and settle in on the couch to wait for Santa! Ahhh! I LOVE Christmas Y’all!
OK! So I’ll recap some PJ box items below if you’d like to make one for your kiddos!
Home for The Holidays Box!
- Christmas Themed PJ’s! I like to order mine from Macey’s! They have great deals and super cute Holiday PJ’s!
- Hot Cocoa Mix! – I switch up from year to year, but you can’t go wrong with Swiss Miss!
- Pop Corn! – My girls are fans of Kettle Korn, but really any movie treat will do!
- Cute Keepsake Ornament! – I usually get cute ones from Target, or if you have a particular theme, Amazon is great!
- Christmas Movie! – I’m a target lover so usually get my movies from Target, but Wal-Mart and even the grocery stores always have fun Holiday Movies!
Christmas Travel Box!
- Sweater, Mittens, Beanie, or Scarf! – If you’re traveling somewhere cold, or if you’re headed somewhere tropical, maybe switch it up to a cute swimsuit or fun sunglasses!
- Destination Themed Ornament! – Find an ornament that has the name of the place you’re traveling too! I ordered mine from Amazon for NYC!
- Activity or Coloring Books! – Something to keep them busy in the car or on the plane! Target’s $1 aisle is PERFECT for this!
- Snacks! – Who doesn’t love snacks! Load them up with all their faves for the trip!
- Travel Games! – Something fun they can play to keep them busy! Travel bingo, cards, or if you’re road tripping, they make fun, travel sized, road trip games like the license plate game or eye spy!
Baby’s First Christmas Box!
- Super Soft Cuddle Blanket! – Something soft and cozy to snuggle in before bed!
- Christmas PJ’s! – There’s nothing cuter than a sleeping baby in Christmas PJ’s!
- Holiday Stuffed Animal! – Ava still sleeps with her reindeer from when she was itty bitty!
- Christmas Book! – A fun book to read before bedtime!
- Baby’s first Christmas Ornament! – My girls still have their first Christmas ornaments, and it’s always one of their fave things to pull out of the Christmas decorations!
Alright loves! It was so fun sharing one of our Christmas traditions with you! Let me know if you decide to make your own PJ boxes this year! I’d love to see what you come up with! Send me a DM over on insta or tag me in your pics! I can’t wait to see them!