In a recent post, I defined the difference between an Influencer and a Content Creator. You can read that here, but as a recap, I defined a Content Creator as someone who was behind the scenes (creating content for a brand to share, rather than to share on their own platforms) and an Influencer as someone specifically with an audience and audience relationship that brands would pay for!
Since then I’ve had DM’s from people on Instagram saying that they’ve been in a more ‘Content Creator’ role, but they’d like to start building their own audience too. That’s why I decided to share over 50+ Reel ideas for Content Creators to grow on Instagram.
(And don’t worry if you’re an Influencer reading this, these ideas will definitely help you grow as well!)
We likely all already know why reels are essential. Instagram essentially came out and told us, “Hey gals, wanna grow on Instagram? Great. Post Reels.” But creating reels isn’t always easy, especially if you’re not used to showing your face on Instagram… They can be overwhelming!
First things first, the content ideas I’m going to share with you today, involve no dancing! (Whew!) And they’re going to ease you into showing your face on Instagram.
But first, if you’re new to reels altogether, here are some best practices.
Instagram Reels Best Practices at a Glance
- Length: 60-90 seconds.
- Format: MP4, .mov.
- Ratio: 9:16 or 1080 pixels x 1920 pixels or vertically full screen. (same Instagram story size).
- In-feed ratio: 4:5 or 1080 X 1350 pixels or portrait.
- In-feed crop: crop the top 15%, and the bottom 15% off your Reels video.
And here are other blog posts you might find helpful too:
- Is there an Instagram Influencer School?
- How do I become a paid Influencer?
- How to get Sponsored by Brands?
- What makes a great pitch deck?
Ready for the first Reel you’re going to post? (or if you’ve already started sharing reels… the NEXT reel you’re going to post?)
Instagram Reel idea #1. Introduce yourself
For those just starting out, or stuck in a rut, this is the best Instagram Reel that you can post right now. Even if you’ve already started growing an audience and using Reels, chances are you have new people in your audience already! That means you need to introduce yourself.
Any song you want. YUP! Just pick a song that fits your style, your personality, or your brand.
Over the video, simply add a list. This can be done directly on Instagram after you create the reel. The list should include:
- Your name
- Where you’re from
- What you do
- What you offer
That’s not so hard right?! An easy-to-make, friendly reel to ease us into the consistent reel and video creation.
Instagram Reel idea #2. What people can expect from you
Now that people know who you are, you want to let them know why they should follow you. Share the type of content or skills that people can expect from you. If you’re a business owner or content creator, make sure this is clear. You can also showcase what makes you different! Do you help your audience find bargain deals on couture? Great, tell them!
- Make a list of things you post about and/or how you help people.
- Make each thing appear as text, one by one on the screen, and point your finger at it
The next Reel idea is super easy! And you don’t have to show your face at all.
Instagram Reel idea #3. Day in the life/Behind the Scenes
Starting in the morning, film snippets of what your day looks like, or what the behind-the-scenes look like for you. This can be making your morning coffee, starting up your computer, answering emails, exercising, walking your dog… literally whatever you do in a day!
- Ily (i love you baby) – Surf Mesa
- As it was – Harry Styles
- July by Lilly Williams
And just like that, you have your first 3 reels done! That’s a week of content finished and ready to upload. It wasn’t too hard right? Hopefully, you have a better idea now of how you can start creating reels. Now I’m going to share 50+ Reel ideas for Content Creators and Influencers so that you can start growing your biz in 2022.
These ideas are broken down into niches. And if you don’t see your niche listed here, head over to Instagram → @taradcarr where you can ask me what I’d recommend posting in your niche.
Instagram Reels Ideas for All Business Owners:
- Behind the Scenes
- Day In My Life
- Product Reviews
- Share Your Story
- Tips You’ve Learned From Growing a Business
- Strategies for Growing in Your Niche
- Favorites Apps for Social Media
- What Apps You Use to Run Your Business
- How to Conquer Social Media in Your Niche
- How to Stay Organized as a Business Owner
- Productivity Tips and Tricks as a Business Owner
- Before and After Transformations
- Product Demonstrations
Instagram Reels Ideas for Fashion/Beauty Content Creators:
- Outfit Ideas for a New Season
- Try-On Haul From a Brand
- New Makeup Favorites
- New Skincare Favorites
- Show Your Skincare Routine
- “Get Ready With Me” Tutorial
- Favorite Everyday Jewelry
- “Come Shop With Me” Video
- What’s In My Bag
- Work From Home Tips
- How to Save Money While Shopping
- Amazon Favorites
- Amazon Fashion Finds
- What I bought vs. how it looks
Content Ideas for Instagram Reels: Social Media Managers:
- How to Pitch Brands
- How to Work With Brands
- How to Land Brand Partnerships
- How to Increase Story Views
- How to Run a Profitable Influencer Business
- How to Grow Your Instagram Account
- Tips for Growing on Pinterest
- Why You Need to Hire a Social Media Manager
Instagram Reels Ideas for Travel Content Creators:
- 3 Places you have to visit in _________.
- Travel vlog (similar to a day in the life video!)
- Favorite travel credit cards with perks
- Packing guide (carry-on and checked bag editions)
- Where to find the best coffee/food/drinks in _________.
- Hotel room tour
- What I ate in _________.
- The best beaches in _________.
- How to find cheap flights
- How to get flight upgrades (or hotel room upgrades!)
- Destination/Hotel/Restaurant reviews
- ‘Instagram vs. Reality’ at popular travel destinations
- Funny/Relatable culture shocks in a particular location
Keep in mind that a lot of these videos can translate beyond the niche I’ve shared them in! The most important thing when it comes to making Instagram reels is to have fun! As an Influencer, you’re audience just wants to get to know the real you – and that can be done so easily with Reels. Don’t be afraid to share the messy, real, and raw moments of your life and your business!
Done is better than perfect!
That’s one of my favorite things to remind myself of in my own business.
Just show up! Your audience will love your authenticity, trust me!
OK, now you’re ready to take these 50+ Reel Ideas for Content Creators to start growing your Instagram in 2022. But what if I told you that I had even more resources to help you skip ALL the mistakes that I made when I started my Influencer business?
Pretty great right?!
Well, that’s exactly what I’m offering in my newly updated course, The Influencer Blueprint™. Take all the guesswork out of growing your Instagram business in 2022 with the expert help of an Influencer and Influencer coach. Learn how to pitch brands, charge what you’re worth, grow your channels, and expand your business!
What are you waiting for? 2022 is your year! Start using these 50+ Reel ideas for Content Creators, and join the Influencer Blueprint™ to keep growing. Learn more about the Influencer Blueprint™ here.