Have you ever climbed into bed after a long and super stressful day, took a deep breath, then a giant sigh of relief, and thanked your lucky stars that that day was finally OVER? I bet you have.
I would also bet that as soon as you mentally released that stressful day, your mind immediately went to work thinking of all the ways tomorrow would or could be totally different, so much more organized and super productive.
You started making lists, and to do’s, and I’m gonna’s…. (Yes it’s a word!) You may have even been compiling a list in your head of I’m NOT gonna’s….
You know like I’m gonna get up early, I’m not gonna scroll facebook, I’m gonna workout, I’m not gonna yell at the kids, I’m gonna get to those emails, and call the bank, and bake the cookies for suzie’s class, and, and, and…
Until you finally drift off to sleep, only to wake up frazzled, overwhelmed, and directionless once again the next day. Sound familiar? I know it does, and unfortunately this cycle will keep playing out over and over again until you establish a routine.
A routine that suits you and your mornings. Listen. Don’t worry. I don’t judge YOU. I was right there with you….
And by adding just a few little tweaks to my morning routine, I was able to go from frazzled and uber stressed to calm, collected, and getting things done in my life and business! What’s that? Will I share my tips and tricks with you? Yeah girl! Of course I will! Check em out below!
Try these 10 easy Morning Rituals to set yourself up for a calm and easy morning that leads to a fantastic stress free day!
- Wake up Early. (30-45 minutes before the rest of your house) use this time to leisurely wake and enjoy the quiet.
- Drink a mug of warm lemon water. It will immediately cleanse your system and prepare your digestive tract for your upcoming meals.
- Make your bed! Studies show that this simple act can increase your overall sense of well being and set the stage for task completion all day! It’s the easiest thing you can do to feel accomplished first thing in the morning!
- Listen to something uplifting. Try music, a podcast, a self help recording or even a guided meditation. Anything to clear and calm your mind before the bombardments of the day.
- Eat breakfast. Even if it’s just a green smoothie or a piece of toast. Make something, sit, and eat!
- Move. A quick exercise routine can do the trick. Even if it’s just a 5-7 minute stretch session. It will relieve tension and lessen stress.
- Shower and get dressed. Even if your only plans are staying in and being a mom, the act of getting dressed gives us a sense of being ready to tackle the day! And you know when you look good you feel good!
- 5 minutes to reflect and be thankful. This one was huge for me! Spending 5 minutes each morning reminding myself of the reasons I have to be thankful really brings in happiness and sincere gratitude. Pretty hard to be grouchy or snippy with the hubs and kiddos after that.
- Right out your top three. Top three things that you want to accomplish that day. Can be tasks, to do’s, goals, whatever will bring you a sense of accomplishment for the day!
- You’re up early! Might as well pack/make your lunch. Whether that means throwing something in the crockpot for later, washing and chopping veggies for easier prep, or packing a healthy lunch to take with you to work, you’ll have a healthy option and can avoid hangry decisions later in the day!
Alright, that’s it! Try Em out! Don’t feel like you have to do all of them, do what makes sense for you and fits into you life and schedule well!